The Winners 2019 Weapons Of Mass Creation Competition !!! #weaponsofmasscreation #makeupcompetition
Our Winner in the 2019 Pro Category
"Weapons of Mass Creation" competition is
Shev Kelly, Makeup Artist
With an incredible career as a makeup artist for over 20 years, Global Makeup Artist Shev Kelly, is known for being at the forefront of the makeup industry. Winner of Pro Artist of the year Shev's passion is creating art and collaborating with like-minded creatives, particularly when it comes to the runway. A natural at using colour and texture to evoke emotion, she continually pushes boundaries to achieve the unique and move beyond the trend. Her aim is to make the viewer look, see and think!
Well respected in the industry as down to earth with a positive attitude Shev has worked with some of the biggest names in fashion and continues to do so year on year. Her impressive body of work ranges from creating looks for the runway, working with celebrity clientele, directing editorial shoots, creating content for Australia's most influential publications, designing looks for The Australian Ballet, working on countless brides to educating 1000's of students and brides.
Shev’s career as a makeup artist has seen her work all over the world, with personal highlights including Paris Haute Couture Week, London Fashion Week and Barcelona Fashion Week over recent years. She has also worked at NYFW alongside designers such as Laquan Smith and Elisa Overland and rubbed shoulders with fashion icons Andre Leon Tally and Diane Von Furstenberg. Closer to home, Shev designed and directed all shows at MBFF Brisbane 2017 and has also worked her talents at MBFWA, MSFW, VAMFF and MBFF Sydney for over 15 years.
Her work has graced the cover of magazines such as Fashion Journal, The Myer Beauty Book, Complete Wedding Magazine, Fantastics and Desktop, with endless work in the pages of Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, Grazia, Mamamia, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire and GQ. Shev has also had the pleasure of working with a wide variety of celebrities such as Usher, Sting, Chris Brown, Margot Robbie, Jessica Mauboy, The Veronicas and Samantha Jade just to name a few. Add in her work on TV shows including Australia’s Next Top Model, The Biggest Loser, Today Show, The Logies, ACCTA Awards and The Morning Show and you have one of the most experienced artists working today.
When it comes to Bridal makeup and looks for special occasions, Shev ensure the client is always listened to with a look customized to suit each woman’s wants and needs. Her bridal work has been featured in countless “Best Of” Bridal Makeup Makeup Magazines and is the absolute expert in making your look absolutely flawless in photos.
When Shev is not working her magic on a face she is also an educator for both consumers and her peers. She regularly juggles teaching Masterclasses and one on one workshops with creating written content for publications thanks to her firm belief that everyone has the right to shine and feel empowered by the art of makeup. Renowned throughout the industry as someone who manages to fuse fun and professionalism, her love of culture and music ensures she is in control of not just the makeup backstage, but the song selection and atmosphere as well!
Runner Up in the Pro Category is
A Quick 5 from Katie
- What are your most amazing 5 career highlights?
- What is the next goal on your to do list?
- What inspires you as an Artist?
- How do you make an impact on the industry?
- What steps have you taken to grow as an Artist in the last year?
Winner of the Emerging Artist Category Exiter Jane
The Runner Up Emerging Artist Category Cheyne Finney
- Are you loving being a part of the beauty industry? Yes, definitely. I have met so many new, inspiring talented people that I never would’ve had the chance to do otherwise.
- Do you feel the beauty industry is developing your talent. Yes over the last year and a bit being a makeup artist, I have done more than I imagined I would be so early in my career. I have had some amazing people supporting me, giving me opportunities and encouraging me to push myself
- 3. Are you planning to kick career goals?
- Of course, I’m currently working on making a website for my online portfolio and I’m making plans to get more bookings and make more connections in the future
- 4. Do you achieve beautiful work you are proud of?
- Yes, I’m so proud of my work especially from this year! I’ve felt such a huge improvement in my work and I’ve been so proud that I’m continuing to push myself out of my comfort zone and still ending up with work I’m proud of. @minifinneymua